Originally built by the Nigerian army Murray Town shortly after the end of the civil war. The refurbishment and expansion began in 2013. Situated in a suburb of the capital Freetown, with views out to the ocean; the school has eight classrooms, a library, and provision for a future science lab. Alongside the construction of the school a perimeter fence was also built creating a safe environment for the children to learn. Murray Town operates as a government run Primary and Secondary school serving 1600 students and is staffed by 45 teachers.